I'm not getting any younger. Neither are you. It's a brutal truth, but it is a fact. Sometimes when I see old photos of myself, I am so pissed that I didn't enjoy the great skin of my youth and now have to work hard to maintain or improve it. Luckily, I have an obsession with beauty products and have found a few that not only deliver results, but deliver AMAZING results. And, since I'm all about helping a sister out, I'm happy to share my hit list with you. I could talk for hours about the products that I love and I am so excited to share, but please note that as I find new things I love, this list may change. Cool? Cool.
- Great skin clearly starts with a clean face and I love a product that makes me feel clean, but doesn't strip my face of essential oils. This Cle de Peau Clarifying Cleansing Foam is like heaven. It's foam is frothy and thick and rinses off so easily. It does such a great job of removing makeup that I don't feel the need to use a makeup remover before washing my face. (LOVE a time-saver). A tiny pea-size amount develops into such a thick, silky lather, so the tube lasts forever and I can justify the price. I swear when I rinse my face, my skin looks radiant, dewy and glowing. The scent is a light, floral rose but not too strong, which is essential for me. (Weird fact: I am allergic to synthetic smells and super sensitive to beauty products for that reason, so I always try to mention any strong fragrances. I know that can be a huge issue during pregnancy).
2. Okay, Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 is SUCH a game changer that it's been called “Jesus in a bottle.” WHAAAAA? Yep. And after a few years of being a loyal user, I'm here to tell you that it's not just hype. Game. Changer. So, what is it exactly? The company, Biologique Recherche calls it a “lotion”, but it is actually a balancing exfoliator, meaning that it speeds up the skins natural exfoliating process and therefore the skin regenerates faster. Huh? Basically, it means that it sloughs off dead skin and new, fresh baby skin appears faster. After a few weeks of consistent use, my results were unreal. Seeing really is believing with this product. (Side note: because it is a French product, it is a little difficult to buy online, but I have found a few reputable skin care spas that carry and sell it to the general public).
3. If a Vitamin C product isn't part of your skin care routine, please add it immediately. It's like a multivitmain for your skin! Ole Henrikson Truth Serum has long been a fav in the beauty world and it's easy to see why. It brightens and visibly forms your skin with it's combo of vitamin C and collagen. I LOVE this specific product because, unlike some of the other vitamin C products I have tried, it does not dry out my skin. Winning! (Pro Tip: it comes in a mini size that retails right around $20, so it's possible to try without a huge financial commitment).
4. They say that eyes are the window to the soul and my eyes were a window to my true age before I found Dr. Dennis Gross Triple Correction Eye Serum. There are so many eye issues that can be problematic, but my personal issue was bags. And puffiness. Ugh. Some mornings I would wake up and I looked like I had been a boxing match the night before. And since I have sensitive skin, many eye creams were so irritating that I could barely use them. Not this one. It delivers a cooling gel that somehow keeps those bags at bay, so I wake up in the mornings feeling like Bambi with my bright, shiny doe eyes.
5. I love a night cream that brightens while delivering tons of moisture and Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Overnight Cream is a total VIP. The texture is so rich and creamy, but melts quickly into the skin and a little definitely goes a long way. My skin is soft and radiant in the morning and my fine lines are virtually non-existent. But I think the real miracle effect of this cream is that is diminishes dark spots and hyperpigmentation like a champ.
6. Drunk Elephant has a cult-like following and on Sundays they mask with this pink (product). One use of the Sukari Babyfacial and you will be hashtagging #BabyfacialSunday, too. The blend of AHA and BHA acids dramatically smoothes skin and reduces pores and practically erases fine lines. Be cautioned, however, it stings a little after applying, but quickly disappears. This Sunday ritual leave your face bright and glowy and I've happily joined the hashtag crew.
7. If you follow me on any social media, you know that I have been singing the praises of Algenist Lip Collagen for awhile. It is literally the only thing to ever get me through an entire winter without an awful case of chapped lips. Having the consistency of a gel and not a balm, it absorbs into your skin in about 20 minutes. I have to admit, the taste was a little odd at first, but the reward far outweighed it. After a few weeks of use, my lips felt soft and plump without one flake of dead skin. Totally kissable. YASSSSSS.
8. If the feeling of a gel lip treatment isn't for you, or if you want to deliver the BEST one-two punch, this Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask does the trick. Apply it before bedtime and wake up with soft, supple lips. I apply it about 30-minutes after the Alegenist Lip Collagen and I swear by this combo.
9. The SK-II sheet mask is like a drink of water for your face. Since I travel a LOT, I am not ashamed to slap on a mask and take a nap on the plane. I wake up looking fresh and dewy and not like a jetlagged monster. These masks are super moist and I pat the extra serum on my neck and decollete, because what is worse than a gorgeous face and a chicken skin neck? Nothing, I say. Pro Tip: Since I hate being cold and this mask is freezing (to me), I often run the packet under warm water before applying. It takes the chill off and makes the overall experience more soothing. I swear I look brighter and tighter the day after treatment.
10. This La Mer Hand Treatment is expensive but worth every penny. I wash my hands constantly and need a lotion that can really moisturize, but without any added scents (remember my fragrance allergy). I have tried millions of hand lotions and this is the ONE. A little goes a loooong way, so a tube lasts me months. Plus, I swear it makes my hands look younger.
I hope you have found at least ONE little miracle worker to try in your skincare routine. I could talk for hours about self-care and have so many more tips and tricks to share with you all, but I want to hear YOURS. Comment below and tell me your best practices, must-haves or secrets. I'm dying to know!! As always, please share this post with a friend who might love it! We ladies need to help each other out.